Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kreayshawn & Drake Get Flirty, "You're Not So Bad Yourself There, Mr. Regularly Handsome"

Young Money's Drake and music newcomer Kreayshawn got the gossip blogs warmed up this week after getting flirty during a live radio broadcast.

Admiring the singer's new "Gucci, Gucci" record, Drake left himself open to a collabo with Kreay.
"I honestly get excited when new things happen in hip-hop and when I heard 'Gucci Gucci,' I heard the flows, I was excited before I even knew who she was," the Young Money star told Invasion Radio. "And you know I got to hear a little bit more of the music beyond that and then to meet her and the energy that she has is great. She's just a great person. She's good people. That's my dog." Drizzy, who will release his sophomore album Take Care on October 24, is leaving the door open to a collaboration. "Anytime she's ready. I got bars on deck for that," he said of the Oakland-bred artist, calling her a "little cutie pie." "You're not so bad yourself there, Mr. Regularly Handsome," gushed a blushing Kreayshawn. (Rap-Up)
Last month, Kreayshawn admitted she broke Diddy's heart by signing to Columbia instead of his Bad Boy Records.
"He hit me and he was mad about the whole signing thing. He was like, 'Yo, I wanted to work with you, blah, blah blah,' " Kreayshawn recalled. The upstart rapper went on to reveal an amusing tidbit to the Bad Boy mogul. "Honestly, I've always had a picture of you next to me and my kindergarten picture," Kreay recalled telling him. "I always put it on my wall, and I tell people, 'That's my dad. P. Diddy's my dad.' And he was like, 'Yo, I have to adopt you.'" (MTV)
The female rapper recently said her posse is bringing back a Spice Girls-like unifying element to rap.
"I know people are hating on The White Girl Mob, but we're not going after anyone's head, we're not trying to kill hip-hop or whatever people are trying to say. I'm just trying to make a new wave of girl empowerment and girl gang and new wave Spice Girls or some s**t like that. People read into it way too deep. They gotta remember that we're all kids just trying to have fun when it comes down to it." (VIBE)
Just a few months in the media spotlight and the rapper has already battled comparisons to white female pop star Ke$ha.
"She's cool," Kreayshawn said about Ke$ha, adding that she believes the comparisons stem from both artists being White. "I wouldn't compare myself to her, but she's pretty sweet. I think people just compare something to something else just 'cause they don't know what it is and they want to relate it to something like, 'this is like Ke$ha.' They don't want to be like, 'this is new. I never heard of it. It's Kreayshawn. No, it's just some shit we kinda heard before.' Kreayshawn is Kreayshawn. People are gonna be like, 'this reminds of Kreayshawn' in a couple of months. I'm trying to work." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment