Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CyHi Da Prynce Says Beyonce Told Kanye West To Sign Him To G.O.O.D. Music

CyHi Da Prynce Says Beyonce Told Kanye West To Sign Him To G.O.O.D. Music
One of 'Ye's latest signees says the deal was done after Bey encouraged him to get him on the label.

CyHi Da Prynce got one of his first big looks by sneaking a guest verse onto Kanye West’s “So Appalled,” an appearance that led ‘Ye to sign him to his G.O.O.D. Music label. But what most listeners don’t know is that after playing the cut for a group of people that included Beyonce, the songstress urged him to ink a deal with CyHi.

“He called me one day like, ‘Yo,’ cause I guess he was playing the music for everybody, like Beyonce or whatever, and I guess he left the song on too long and my verse came on and he was like, ‘Congratulations, you made the album,’” he told PosterchildJ1.com. “I was like, ‘Ya!’ Beyonce told him to sign me. People don’t know that. Beyonce was like, ‘You need to sign him.’”

Watch the rest of the interview below, where he speaks on what inspired the “I’m on One” remix and where he sees himself a year from now.

(hiphopdx)

No comments:

Post a Comment