Friday, July 29, 2011

"I've Always Been A Jay-Z Groupie"

Grammy-winning singer Beyonce recently gushed over her marriage to rap star Jay-Z and admitted to always being a fan of his, way before they formed a union.
During an appearance on  "The View" this week, Beyonce opened up about her love for Jay.
"[Did I visit my husband during my vacation?] I did. I went on tour with him and I got to see the shows from the audience, which was something that I don't get a chance to do. I was really, really inspired," Beyonce said. "I've always been a Jay-Z groupie." ("The View")
Beyonce recently discussed how Jay's lyrical contributions have benefited the music industry.
"Jay's music is more than music. His lyrics have fathered generations," she says of her husband of three years. "All that he has overcome gives millions so much hope. There are moments when I see his lips moving and I can see lyrics floating above his head and I think, 'Wow! How did I get so lucky to be able to witness this level of genius so closely?'" (Complex)
Last April, the couple took a trip to the Caribbean to celebrate their three-year marriage anniversary.
Hip-hop's royal couple, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, planned a quick getaway to the Bahamas to celebrate their third wedding anniversary. Mrs. Carter, in her island attire, shielded herself from the cameras with a big-brimmed hat, while her husband rocked a white tee during their visit to the Abaco Islands. The couple's vacay won't last long as Bey heads back to the U.S. to continue prepping her fourth album, reportedly scheduled for late June. (Rap-Up)
Jay's longtime friend, writer dream hampton recently penned an article describing the couple's close-knit relationship.
"Shortly after they'd become serious, when Jay was on summer tour, I was touched by the fact that they were committed to scheduling real time together, even if that meant Beyonce coming on the road, occasionally gracing the stage to perform one of their collabos. I wondered to myself if Jay would return the favor. Powerful women have no problem supporting their partners' dreams so demonstratively. But that September, when it was her turn to head out on her first major international tour as a solo artist, Jay was backstage in her dressing room, playing cards with a robed Beyonce, ready to return the backing and join her onstage if need arose. The very nature of such circumstances proves that they are, indeed, the true definition of a power couple." (Ebony Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment