Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Red Cafe & Fabolous Tell Ferrari Boyz To Scoot Over, Meet The 'Bedrock Boyz'

Brooklyn rappers Red Cafe and Fabolous seem to be taking a page out of Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame's book by announcing plans to join together as the "Bedrock Boyz".

While Cafe did not say if Waka and Gucci's "Ferrari Boyz"  inspired their name, he did open up about what fans can expect.
"We have this group we're working on called the Bedrock Boyz and we're trying to get this project out now, like the Fall," revealed Red Cafe. "That's a name we call Brooklyn, we call BK Bedrock. It's really just me and Fab but there's some guys we like you'lll hear. We did about 8-records to far. You can definitely look for that project soon." (VIBE)
In March, Gucci Mane announced plans to drop an album called Ferrari Boyz alongside Waka Flocka.
According to Mane (real name: Radric Davis), "Ferrari" will showcase the two MCs equally and arrive "in the next few months" on 1017 Brick Squad Records, with production by Drumma Boy, Schife, FATBOI and Shawty Redd featured on up to 20 tracks. "This album is gonna be the hardest album of the year," Mane tells Billboard.com. "The songs are so clever, the beats are so slammin', and the lyrics are just so aggressive. There's so much energy that we bring to the studio. Nobody's gonna be able to top this album that me and Waka are coming out with." (Billboard)
Outside of the "Bedrock Boyz," Fab is currently putting together his upcoming Loso's Way 2 album.
"The next album is coming in September, so I'm working on that, trying to finish that up," Fab said referring to Loso's Way 2. "We're looking to do that around September 13th. September 11th is actually when my first album dropped, ten years ago, that was also the tragic day of 9/11, so you know, my album dropped that same day. And we kind of want to do a ten-year anniversary kind of feel. So, we looking for September 13th. I'm working with a lot of guys. It's still in the baby stages, so I don't want to give too much of the info out right now but it's soon to come. Everything will be out there." (Hot 106)
Last April, Fab said he decided not to give the project a definite deadline in order to have it come together organically.
"The album, we just started on that. I really just got a lot of beats on that, picking beats out or whatever. Then I lock in and attack the beats, like a monster in a cave. [Laughs] I drag the beats back to my cave. [Deadline?] Not really. I usually have deadlines but I don't. They tell you what time you need to do something, and it's like, 'Okay, I work toward that time, but if it's not ready, it's not ready.' But I'm definitely not the type that will just let something not come out. There's a couple [of] albums right now that people have been talking about for a year..." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment