Saturday, July 23, 2011

DJ Khaled Referees Rick Ross/Young Jeezy Feud, "What's Beef Gon' Do"

Def Jam South President DJ Khaled is playing referee between the tensions of Young Jeezy and Rick Ross by saying he refuses to let either rap star trade blows without him ceasing fire.

Acknowledging his close ties to both Def Jam artists, Khaled said neither rapper is focused on heating up a beef.
"They don't have a beef," Khaled vehemently told MTV News. "That's people that would probably try to stir things up that have a beef. First of all, Ross is my brother. Jeezy is a great friend of mine. And if they did, I would be the guy in the middle [that would] be like, 'Stop!' That's just what I do. Beef ... we're here to get money. We're here to make great music. What's beef gon' do? But if somebody disrespects you and try you, you gotta do what you gotta do. It is what it is. But we hope it don't come to that in life. And that's just in any situation." (MTV)
Last week, Khaled said any past issues between Ross and Jeezy had since been squashed.
"Well first of all, I don't condone problems," Khaled explained in an interview with radio host Bootleg Kev. "That's what I do. I represent that love and making great music. And them two guys, they don't have no problems. So, you know, I guess this is an exclusive, they don't have problems. I guess people in the streets, they try to make things into a problem. But that's just life. That's when you know you're hot and that's just part of the game, man. Being in the game and being successful, you have to deal with things like that. But you know, they ain't got not problems. It's all love. I don't know what to tell you. It's all love." (Bootleg Kev)
This week, Jeezy took a few soft shots at Ricky Rozay's past employment as a correctional officer.
"We can agree to disagree," Jeezy said. "But if it's a problem, I ain't hard to find. I said what I said, I ain't see no harm in that...In my heart, I'm 100 percent real. You can't pull out nothing in my past that can say I'm not 100 percent real. If you speak on it and that's what you doing, just speaking on it, it's entertainment. I'm not gonna argue with a grown man about me. That might put me in a box." (Hot 97)
In 2010, Ricky Rozay responded to footage of Jeezy taunting him in Miami.
"I actually got to see the footage of him walking on South Beach down Collins Ave and he played his self," Ross told Tim Westwood. "You gotta come across the bridge to Carol City...to Little Haiti. That's where you get your issues--Washington Ave. What's crazy about that is when they ask about my name, they still don't really have a direct answer. That ain't gangster at all. If you really got an issue, put it on the table like a G. Walking down Collins Ave, you played yourself. You'll get that took from you." (BBC Radio)

No comments:

Post a Comment