Monday, July 25, 2011

Waka Flocka Flames NYC Police Arrest Reports, "I Had To Spend A Night In Jail W/ No Charge"

Atlanta rapper Waka Flocka Flame has come forward to address weekend reports claiming he was arrested in New York City on a drug possession charge.

Despite the reports, Flocka said he spent a night behind bars for no credible reason.
"I'm finna jump on my flight 2 Kc ........ sorry 2 da whole m town 4 not coming I had spend a nite n jail with no charge #onlybecauseirap," he tweeted July 24th.
"Can't no 1 stop with GOD got planned 4me no that Know that." (Waka Flocka Flame's Twitter)
The rapper's weekend arrest has since been confirmed by NYPD.
Waka Flocka Flame was arrested in Queens, New York on Saturday (July 23), but has been set free today MTV has learned. The NYPD confirmed with RapFix that the "No Hands" rapper was cuffed and taken in for Criminal Possession of Marijuana. Waka, who represents Atlanta, but was born in Queens was arrested in the parking lot of the Coliseum Mall in Queens. Flocka has since been released and seemingly not charged with any crime. (RapFix)
Outside of legal woes, Flocka recently detailed his aim to quit rap in the near future.
"That's absolutely true," Flocka said, confirming his retirement tweet. "The game as a whole is fake. I'm tired of just going through what I go through and then at the end of the day, the forecast is always rain. It always rains on my world. It's so many different haters, fake smiles, fake hugs, so to prevent myself from doing anything, I'd just rather quit. I'd rather work at Walmart than rap and that's my word on God. Yup. I'll put that on Jesus Christ, I ain't lying. It's something I could never explain because people aren't living this lifestyle. So at the end of the day, people living the lifestyle can probably understand why I'm doing it. At the end of the day, I'm just doing it for my friends and my family, get them straight and then it's over for me." (V-103)
His mother/manger, Debra Antney, also confirmed the speculation earlier this month.
RumorFix has confirmed that rapper Waka Flocka Flame is quitting the music business. Waka's mom and manager, Debra Antney, tells RumorFix exclusively, "He talking about quitting. He's sick of this. We all are." Debra, who is the Kris Jenner of the rap world, tells us, "We're all disgusted with this stuff. You can't trust people." She says Waka isn't touring or recording right now and that they are reestablishing their relationship as mom and son -- as opposed to manager and musician. (RumorFix)

No comments:

Post a Comment