Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trina Locks Down Her Rick Ross Love, "I Always Feel Safe When He's Around"

Southern rapper Trina's admiration for Maybach Music Group leader Rick Ross appears to be deeper than rap as the Diamond Queen has described him as more than just an ordinary emcee.
According to Trina, she has been pushing for Ross since his pre-fame days.
"I'm very excited. I love him," Trina said referring to her former Slip-N-Slide labelmate. "I was on tour and I was taking his mixtapes on tour, promoting, pushing him before people knew who he was...He's so supportive. Whenever I'm in the studio, he comes through...I always feel safe when he's around, especially when it comes to music. I feel he has that ear." (Skee TV)
Last year, Trina attended Ross' Teflon Don album release party in Miami.
Ricky Rozay and Trina were spotted at King of Diamonds Strip Club last night in Miami for the "Teflon Don" album release party. Rick Ross arrived to the event in a helicopter and his crew popped bottles of Ciroc all night. (Necole Bitchie)
Prior to Ross' departure in the late 2000's, both artists shared the same record label home, Slip-N-Slide.
Ted Lucas founded the label in 1994. Slip-n-Slide signed local rapper Trick Daddy Dollars in its early years. In 2008, Trick Daddy left Slip-n-Slide for his own label Dunk Ryders Records. Other rappers signed to Slip-n-Slide include Trina, Rick Ross, and Plies. Rick Ross signed to Slip-n-Slide in the early 2000s. During his early years under the label, he did guest performances on some releases; he released two albums under the label, Port of Miami in 2006 and Trilla in 2008. Ross left Slip-n-Slide in 2009. (Wikipedia)
Def Jam South President DJ Khaled recently said Ross is focused on his upcoming solo album.
"God Forgives, I Don't is a classic-in-the-making. Let me tell you something right now: This album is so crazy from the beginning of what I've been in the studio hearing already," Khaled said in an interview.. "I can't give you too much because I'm going to let him do that, because that's his project, but I could tell you right now it's classic and he is talking that talk. God Forgives, I Don't, it fits the time because right now it's no rules. We don't see 'em; we going hard and that's what Ross is doin'." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment