Monday, July 25, 2011

"You Say I Ain't Been Hot Since G-Unit, Yet I Still Get $65K A Show"

West Coast rapper Game has decided to take a stand against his critics by responding to haters claiming he has fallen from the hip-hop spotlight.

From Game's perspective, he is still more relevant than the average hip-hop artist.
"You say my career over but I have three #1 albums & will add another to those come Aug 23rd.#chessmoves," he tweeted July 23rd.
"You say when was my last hit.... I say "My Life" . B4 that, "One Blood" & "Wouldn't Get Far". B4 that "How We Do" H8 It Or Love It & Dreams"
"You say I fell off, how ? I got 3 platinum albums & R.E.D. will be #4. N*ggas can't stay hot long enough to get they 2nd one out these days"
"You say I'm a fake blood but look around hip hop & tell me who ain't Soo Woopin.... where u think they got that from ? Hmmmm"
"You say I ain't been hot since G-Unit yet I still get $65,000 a show to headline.. ask around... what yo favorite rapper makin ha ha ha...."
"You say I'm a buster but, ain't never been robbed or jacked or beat up in no hood, nowhere.#GameRecognizeGame"
"Point is I need my HATERS just as much as I need my FANS. Yall both keep me poppin !!!" (Game's Twitter)
Earlier this month, Game talked about his music content and making references to Blood gang culture.
"I just talk about my life experiences and keep fans listening," Game explained in an interview. "I flow with as much positivity as I can. I want to shed light on better things so fans can uplift themselves, which is why I always try speaking positively. That 'keep your head up' music. Tupac started that first with his songs like 'Brenda's Got a Baby' and 'Keep Ya Head Up.' -- I didn't fight ['Red Nation' getting banned.] I have kids and understand why the networks didn't want to show it...They may have banned it -- but it still blew up on the Internet." (Dub)
A couple months ago, Game spoke to late night talk show host George Lopez about having his "Red Nation" music video banned by certain networks.
"I like to take a little bit of credit myself, too," Game told George Lopez when told the MTV and BET ban helped create a strongonline buzz. "They said that they had kid viewers and, you know, it was too gang affiliated but I understand. I got kids, so I didn't argue it. I said cool and went straight to YouTube and now we're at almost four million views." ("Lopez Tonight")
He is currently preparing the August 23rd release of his R.E.D. Album.
"This album is the most incredible album of my career," Game promised in an interview. "First, I'm back with Dr. Dre, which is a bonus and dope for me. Second, executive-produced by Pharrell, co-executive-produced by myself and Mars...And Dre's rapping on the album." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment