Wednesday, July 27, 2011

50 Cent Shelves New Album For Good, Threatens Interscope W/ Dr. Dre Leak

Things are intensifying for 50 Cent as the G-Unit leader has announced plans to shelve his new album and threatened Interscope Records by promising to leak a new Dr. Dre single.

Writing on Twitter, 50 broke down his issues with Interscope.
"Man I'm not releasing a album i can't believe interscope is this f*cked up right now. I apologize to all my fans.," he tweeted July 27th.
"I will work with other artist on there projects but I will not put out another album. They dropped the ball with me one time to many."
"I LOVE DRE but I'm putting his next single psycho out tomorrow at 2:00 #SK"
"Your gonna love it its a big song I just don't think it deserves a great set up sense they can't seem to get it right when it comes to me." (50 Cent's Twitter)
Last week, 50 defended his decision to slowly piece together the new LP.
"I've worked longer on this album than any of my other projects," 50 explained in an interview. "I've had the opportunity to evaluate the things that I created initially, and go back and revamp things and change things around a bi. Both [Eminem] and [Dr.] Dre have had opportunities to critique themselves, when I was always on the shot clock. So this time, I get a chance to really make sure I feel like it's going to be the right music for this time period." (Hit Radio)
Earlier this month, 50 promised to drop his next solo effort in the fall.
"My album should be out in November," 50 promised in an interview. "It's easy. Everybody, they prioritize my projects. When [Interscope Records] don't do things exactly when we hadc ommunication about it being done, I get frustrated. Let me be honest with you. They need that record to sell more than I do. Not necessarily that [it's dark over there], it's just the systems itself unless you feel you're going to make a new artist." (Headkrack)
A few weeks ago, 50 contemplated whether or not he would stay with Interscope Records following his final contractual release.
"I don't know," 50 told MTV News when asked if he would ink back with Interscope once his five-album deal was fulfilled. "It will all be clear in the negotiations following me turning this actual album in. And, of course, the performance and how they actually treat the work will determine whether you still want to stay in that position or not...It's not like you're gonna be able to make a project bigger than the actual project is, but if the songs are right and you have full support and you feel that support, why would you want to go anywhere else? If not, if you don't have that support, why would you want to sign to another system? In the financial state that I'm in, you just do it yourself." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment