Friday, March 30, 2012

50 Cent Snags Famous Celeb For SK Campaign, Actress Coins Herself "34 Cent"


50 Cent's fight to spark global hunger awareness is far from over as the G-Unit leader has enlisted the help of famous tv-personality, Joan Rivers, for his Street King energy shot campaign.

While the release date is still unknown, both Fif and Ms. Rivers spoke about their unique collaboration.
50 Cent got into some funny business while shooting the humorous commercial for his Street King energy drink with comedienne Joan Rivers. The unlikely duo worked up a sweat and shared laughs at Planet Fitness in Harlem on Tuesday. "I tried to put together the odd team, not the A-team," the G-Unit mogul told "Access Hollywood." "It has a lot of different layers to it for something that has to happen in 30 seconds." The 78-year-old star hit the gym wearing "athletic-inspired diva wear" including a $75,000 chinchilla coat. "The premise of the commercial is I have no energy, I drink the drink, and I'm ready for fun," explained Rivers, who gave herself the nickname 34 Cent. (Rap-Up)
Earlier this month, 50 said his energy shot won big at the recent GNC Awards.
"Last night street king energy won energy shot of the year at the GNC awards after just 2.5 months. do to great sales in GNC's every were.," he tweeted March 3rd. (50 Cent's Twitter)
Gaining mainstream co-signs, Brooklyn rapper Fabolous recently offered his take on SK.
"I think it's dope, man. I salute anybody whose in a position to help other people out and take their time, take their luxury, their finance, their everything into putting a situation together that helps somebody else," Fab said in an interview. "I salute 50 with that. He briefly spoke to me about it while we were heading to Australia and I think it's only right to give back to someone else." (This Is 50)
Last year, the G-Unit frontman expressed the goal of his Street King movement.
"I feel like away from the actual energy drink itself that the business model for Street King is the solution for a lot of the actual issues that are going on right now," 50 said in an interview. "When you look at Occupy Wall Street and the protestors there, it's them feeling like major corporations don't care about working class people. It's concious capitalism, it's creating a business model that's already giving back -- When Jay-Z's e-mailing me and Swizz Beatz is giving me a call, it tells me that my peers are actually watching. Just imagine if Google's under this model. It's only ten years old. That'd solve a huge portion of problems as far as world hunger's concern." (CNN International

No comments:

Post a Comment