Friday, March 30, 2012

Big Sean Laughs Off Luda-crous Feud, "I Don't Really Care About Ludacris In Any Way"

After getting targeted by Ludacris a few months ago courtesy of the subliminal "Bada Boom" diss track, G.O.O.D. Music's Big Sean assures fans he is still unfazed and unwilling to engage in a rap feud.

In Sean's opinion, his current mainstream buzz has made him an easy target for oncoming rap beefs.
As for Ludacris and some of the new generation of emcees catching heat from their elders, Sean sees it as a ploy to remain relevant rather than any real ill will. "I just think people are trying to get attention," Sean says through a coy smile. "I don't really give a f*ck though. I'm just going to do my thing. I don't really care about Ludacris in any way. It don't even matter. I'm pretty sure he's gonna...nevermind. I do wish much success to him and I hope he continues to be a great rapper." (The Well Versed)
Back in November, Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah offered his opinion on the Sean/Luda feud.
"It is what it is, it's rap music. I'm not trying to get into any little kid sh*t. You know what I mean," he said in an interview. "I'm a grown man, B. You know what I mean? Grown men do grown men things. We don't got no time. We gotta get this money, man. Unless these n*ggas are already sitting on it, you know what I mean, but enough of that. You know what I mean? We should be getting at the real enemy, you know what I mean? That had us oppressed for all those years. Not at each other right now." (Montreality)
A week prior, Ludacris released a visual to his subliminal "Bada Boom" 1.21 Gigawatts mixtape record.
"Bada Boom" has been getting a lot of attention lately. The buzz started when everyone realized what Ludacris was talking about. The so-called "beef" even got explained in an animated video, and despite the fact that Big Sean denied any sour feelings on his part, this doesn't seem like something that's going to die down by itself, especially now that the mixtape track that started it all has its own video. (Complex)
Prior to the music video, Big Sean addressed the highly-discussed perception of Luda dissing him and Young Money artist Drake.
"A lot of people thought Drake made that [Supa Dupa flow up] and this was new, and Drake was like, 'I could trace that back to Big Sean actually on his mixtape. That's where I first heard it. I think that's where a lot of emcees got it from.' That's what Drake said. So people was telling me, 'This is your flow.' And I'm like, 'Alright -- I'm pretty sure it was done before [Luda] but I'm just saying where it came from now. We talkin' about now -- I'm not trying to debate and say, 'I was the first to do this ever.' I'm just saying that's just where it was between us. So [some interviewers] asked me, 'What's a good example of [the Supa Dupa flow] and what's a bad example of it?' And I think I said [Luda's] 'balloons' line. But I'm telling you this was over a year ago. I can't believe this was something that's been lingering this long -- I don't have no problems with Luda. I didn't even know he cared that much, for a year, to be thinking about what I said in interviews -- I think Luda is the best, I think he's a legend." (KUBE 93)

No comments:

Post a Comment