Friday, March 30, 2012

"A Lot Of These N*ggas Are Just Rap N*ggas. That's The Difference Between Me & A Lot Of [Them]"

Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz recently showed off his knowledge of fancy whips and explained why he is not your average automotive fanatic when it comes to pricey vehicles.

Chainz also separated himself from hip-hop artists who claim to live the fast life when it comes to owning and driving high-priced cars.
"A lot of these n*ggas are just rap n*ggas. That's the difference between me and a lot of these other n*ggas--I live it. I'm actually at a gas station in the hood putting gas in my dirty Porsche on the way to the salon," Chainz explained in an interview. "N*ggas don't do that, and I been doing it before I got my deal with Def Jam. A lot of sh*t that irritates people about rappers, it irritates me too. ... I was gonna get a Maybach. I think [T.I.] got a Maybach, but he ain't got, like, a long one. I was gonna get the 62. So I was telling Nelly that I was thinking about getting me a Maybach or something. He said, "They finna stop making Maybach's. Sh*t, we don't collect cars, we get them cuz they cool. If it was an old school I could see it, but you need to get you a tour bus." He told me how he charges certain artists a certain amount to rent buses he owns. The next week, I got online and used that money I was going to use for a Maybach or a Bentley truck and put it into the tour bus." (Complex)
Last summer, DJ Kid Capri hit up SOHH and revealed he also owns a couple tour buses.
"When it comes to cars, I only have had about seven or eight of them in my life. I'm not the type of dude that could dress a car up with a whole bunch of things. I liked having a car that could speak for itself. I own two tour buses. I bought my first bus and then later on got my 45-foot bus. I was always on my bus. I wasn't even driving my cars back in the day. I still remember going back and buying my buses. I remember the people I went and got them from, they thought I was some little kid or young dude bugging out because nobody buys buses. You really have to be on the road consistently to have a bus. A lot of artists would have an album out for a certain amount of time, have it out for a few months, and then they'd bring the [tour] buses back. A lot of artists would rent the bus and bring it back." (SOHH)
Back in 2010, G-Unit's Lloyd Banks likened a few female entertainers to whips.
"[Rihanna,] that's a tough one. I'll say a Benz 'cause she got some long a** legs. I'm in that 6.3, too, and my sh*t is like... Yeah, I'll say she's a Benz," Banks said in an interview. "Halle Berry? Out of a Beamer, Benz or Bentley I'd have to say she's a Bugatti. I don't have one of those yet... Jessica Alba is beautiful, man. She's kinda petite, small. I'll say she's a Beamer. I'd whip that around nice...You know it's funny, Alicia Keys is like, we kinda close in age, but from the very beginning her music has always been, it reached an older audience as well. So she gotta be like a Phantom or something. I feel like one day, if not already, she's gonna be respected like the artists she respected coming up." (XXL Mag)
Prior to inking a deal with Def Jam, 2 Chainz recently said he turned down an opportunity to join rap star Lil Wayne's Young Money team.
"I was one of the first people invited to Young Money, before the album. Wayne asked me," Chainz said when he appeared on Wednesday's "RapFix Live." "From the outside looking in, I hate to see people look like they clique hopping," Chainz said. "But when you just look at an artist that went from here to this subsidiary, to this subsidiary -- for me I felt like I'm smart enough to sign 2 Chainz slash Def Jam like I did." Instead of signing to another artist, with Def Jam the "Spend It" MC was able to become his own boss and partner his new label T.R.U. with the deep-rooted record company. As soon as he signed, Chainz sent Wayne a text thanking him for being a true friend. "Lil Wayne is one of the realist dudes in the game as far as opening up doors for people to eat and trickling down to their families," he said. "He's one of the most unselfish, talented people that I've been around." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment