Friday, March 30, 2012

irdman Flies Away From Jay-Z Diss, "I Was Like, 'Wow, F*ck, What Do You Mean 'Baby Money?'"

Cash Money Records' Birdman has opened up on getting called out by Jay-Z a couple years ago courtesy of his infamous "Baby Money" line and said their issues never escalated.

Baby also offered his take on Cash Money's Lil Wayne responding to Jay.
"I thought that was funny for a n*gga to holler out "Baby money." I was like, "Wow, f*ck, what do you mean 'Baby money'? N*gga, that ain't no little money. We around here getting it. It wasn't nothing, we ain't trip. I was like, "Yeah, since it's such a big deal, f*ck yeah we got 'Baby Money.' That Bugatti and that Lauder jet comes from 'Baby Money,'" he said. "I don't think ['It's Good'] is a diss record. It wasn't more than what he said. N*ggas was G'ing up about what was said. We did that, done that, off that brother. We're on our money train." (Complex)
Tensions reportedly arose three years ago when Birdman questioned Young Hov's bank account.
Things began to sour after a 2009 interview in which Cash Money CEO Bryan "Birdman" Williams objected to Jay-Z taking the crown for MTV News' "Hottest MCs in the Game" list for that year. "I don't think he the #1 MC, in no kinda way," Baby said, casting the first stone. "Wayne is the best, he do the most and he make the most money. I don't think no n---a in the business make more money than us." Jay returned fire at the top of 2011. On the Throne's "H.A.M.," Jigga made it clear that not only was Birdman, a.k.a. Baby, and Wayne not holding any Hov-caliber bucks, but that financially they couldn't even compare to his wife, Beyoncé. "I'm like, 'Really, half-a-billi?' N---a, really, you got Baby money/ Keep it real with n---as, n---as ain't got my lady money," Jay rhymed. (MTV)
This later turned into Weezy getting at Jay on his "It's Good" Tha Carter IV record.
"Talkin' 'bout baby money, I gotcha baby money," Wayne raps. "Kidnap your b*tch get that how much you love your lady money / I know you fake, n*gga / Press your brakes, n*gga / I'll take you out, that's a date, n*gga / I'm a grown a** blood, stop playing with me / Play a**hole, and get an a** whippin' / I think you pussycat, hello kitty." ("It's Good")
Shortly after its widespread release, Wayne confirmed his shots toward Hov.
"I know there won't be any repercussions behind what I did," says a confident Wayne when asked if he had second thoughts about recording his acidic verse for 'It's Good.' "I know for a fact music is about perception. You can't do anything but perceive what you hear. I know that for a fact. So I can't ever be upset about someone's reaction." Wayne added that while he understands the intrigue and buzz behind the record, it's just another song. "I'm not going to say I don't know what would happen before I even say [something on record]," he explains. "I do know what will happen. I'm aware of it. But it is what it is." (VIBE)

No comments:

Post a Comment