Friday, March 30, 2012

Beanie Sigel Hearts Drizzy Drake, "I Bought His Album Like Three Times"

Philadelphia rapper Beanie Sigel recently revealed his support for Young Money star Drake and admitted he has even gone as far as to purchase multiple copies of his records.

For Sigel, Drizzy's versatility as an emcee is what impresses him the most.
"You can't front on him. Drake's gonna be around for a long time. His talent is going to outrun whatever you say about him," Sigel said in an interview. "His lane is so crazy. I got Drake's album. I bought his album like three times. Like, he got everything. Like, it's everything on there you can rock to. You can rock to everything -- he go R&B, he go hip-hop, he go lyrics." (Talk of the Town)
Recently, OutKast's Andre 3000 credited artists like Drake for inspiring him to continue making music.
"Now I talk to Drake, and I know he had to be like ten when he was listening to what we were doing. You just never know who's listening until you hear a connection. I didn't even know Drake dug my music, I just liked him as a rapper because I felt he had a balance. I didn't even know that he grew up listening to me. But it's cool to know that it's a real lineage thing. I'm happy to see Kanye and [Lil] Wayne and Drake and all these new artists. They inspire me in a way because they reach back and they say, "Hey, we want to get you on these songs." I don't rap every day. I don't sit around writing raps like that. And when these artists call, it's kind of like they get me going. And I really wanna just be good for them. I want to impress them or have them be happy to say, "Okay, he did well on my song." I don't want to be messing their song up." (The FADER)
Despite the co-signs, former Ruff Ryders leader DMX recently revealed his issues with the Young Money emcee.
"No, no," X said when asked if he likes Drake. "I don't like anything about Drake. I don't like his f*cking voice. I don't like what he talks about, I don't like his face, I don't like the way he walks, I don't like nothing. I don't like his haircut. I might just -- let me shut up. Stop right there." ("The Breakfast Club")
Earlier this month, the platinum-selling rapper talked about his sound evolving over time.
But when it comes to tossing off disses, Drake's not above delivering his own veiled swipes these days. On "Dreams Money Can Buy," he surveys the hip-hop landscape and decides he's sorely disappointed by what he sees. "Lately it went from top five to remain- ing five," he rhymes. "My favorite rappers either lost it or they ain't alive." He stops short of mentioning names, but doesn't back away from his declaration. "I wasn't in rap when I was idolizing a lot of these people," he says. "But times change. People don't sound the way they used to. It's inevitable. Someday Drake won't sound the way he used to. I'll do anything in my power to still sound relevant, but unfortunately Drake may not. And yes," he says with a chuckle, "I referred to myself in the third person." (VIBE)

No comments:

Post a Comment