Friday, March 30, 2012

No Malice Tells Pusha T To Back Off Drake, "Stop Picking On [Him]"


The Clipse's No Malice has stepped up to reveal his co-sign of Young Money star Drake and ask his brother, Pusha T, to fall back from jabbing the rapping crooner.
You can always count on siblings to put you in your place. When Pusha T released his freestyle over the beat to Drake's single "Don't F--- With Me" last fall, one line in particular stood out as a shot at Drake ("The swag don't match the sweaters") and his eccentric sweater selections, but the G.O.O.D. Music rapper has always denied that any shots were fired. Too bad his brother Malice--excuse us, we mean No Malice--finally outed him in a recent interview, where he says that he wants Pusha to stop picking on Drake. "I want Pusha to stop picking on Drake, I like Drake," No Malice told BET in an interview. "Yeah I like Drake." Can't deny it now, can you Pusha? (RapFix)
Last month, Drizzy let the air out on rumored beefs with Future, Pusha T and Ludacris.
"I've got no issues with him," he says of Future, who was upset that Drake didn't appear in his video, "Tony Montana." "I'm happy I got on the song." Pusha T, who once cryptically rhymed that, "the swag doesn't match the sweaters," gets off easy, too. "I've been really open about my love for the Clipse," he says. "I don't know, maybe that guy is bored." Ludacris, who was accused of stealing Big Sean and Drake's hashtag flow, also receives a halfhearted smack down, "That's a case of someone trying to use my marketing money to get things going again for themselves. That didn't affect my day, my month, my year. I didn't take any of that seriously." (You Heard That New)
Over the fall, Pusha T spoke on hip-hop heads thinking he dissed Drake in a freestyle.
"I call it, 'Don't F With Me' freestyle, and people, you know, a lot of people sort of took it like it was a Drake diss and so on and so forth," Pusha explained in an interview. "I see a lot of people put that on the blogs or whatever. But you know, I've never said that, man. I think people, you know, they hear these freestyles and they forget this rap thing is a real, like, competitive situation. And um, me personally, I don't, you know, I'm really good. I'm really good at this. So I don't, you're never going to hear me say, I was dissing Drake or anything like that. I actually like him." (WGCI)
Around mid-October, Drake admitted he did not think Pusha's record was directly aimed at him.
"I listened to it and I just couldn't pick it out. I couldn't pick out where I was supposed to be offended," Drake told radio personality Funkmaster Flex Thursday (October 13) night. "Everyone was just like, 'Oh you got dissed in this song by Pusha T.' First of all, I've never really had any interaction with Pusha T so for him to diss me would be purely issues that he's having within himself...We've met but we've been just always cordial with each other. I'm a fan of The Clipse. I say it in interviews. So I've never really had any issues with him. But it's a frustrating time for a lot of people right now, I get it. So if it was directed at me, just make it a little more direct next time. I'm up for whatever man. I didn't take offense to it though." (Hot 97)

No comments:

Post a Comment