Friday, March 30, 2012

Beanie Sigel Says Jay-Z Beef Faded To Black, "That's My Brother & Will Forever Be"

Tensions between Philadelphia rapper Beanie Sigel and one-time affiliate Jay-Z are a thing of the past as the Broad Street Bully claims he is once again cool with Young Hov.

While they have yet to speak since the 2009 feud, Beanie said he will always consider Hov as family.
"It ain't really no situation right now," Sigel said in an interview. "At the end of the day, Jay, that's my brother and will forever be my brother. It's just, we had a little misunderstanding, you know, situation. I couldn't get to him so I had to, via, you know, emcee it. That was it. It's over. [Have we spoke?] No, not yet. But it's like that finish line Drake said, 'I can't wait to run into you.' ... I don't really like talking over devices and things like that. I'm a face-to-face person. ... If Jay wouldn't have put me on, then you might not be hearing Meek Mill. So you gotta understand certain situations lead to certain things." (Talk of the Town)
Last summer, Sigel cleared up speculation suggesting he apologized to Hov over creating a publicized feud.
"I never made a public apology, I talked to somebody from a magazine, and they brought that issue up. You never hear me say 'apology.' What I said was, to stop that interviewer from asking me those questions, and everybody else who asked those questions," Beanie told DJ Green Lantern. "I felt how I felt and I still feel how I feel. But, just letting it go for everybody else. Hustler's number one rule is never lose your cool. I broke one of the hustler's rules. Gangstas f*ck up, but at the end of the day, I still feel how the f*ck I feel." ("Invasion Radio")
A month prior, the Philly rapper opened up on his public feud against Hov.
"What [comedian] Mike Epps say? 'Gangstas f*ck up too'," Sigel said in an interview. "Whatever I felt this dude Jay did wrong to me, it can't outweigh the one thing he did do for me - he gave me an opportunity. Dude gave me an opportunity. A lot of people don't get opportunities. He gave me that. That outweighs everything. I need that in black and white. I got caught in the moment and put my feelings out there. I should have never done that...[On the disses], I was explaining the whole Roc-A-Fella sh*t and a lot of feelings were going to get hurt. I was airing sh*t out. Just the homies could listen to that when they come into the studio. I couldn't put that out. It wouldn't sit right with me." (XXL Mag)
In April 2011, Sigel claimed an altercation at one of Jay's 40/40 Club venue openings tore them apart.
The sh*t stem[med] from a situation from me that happened when Jay-Z's bodyguard put his hands on me not in a manner that was harmful to me, but in a manner where he shouldn't have touched me period," Sigel explained in an interview. "On a push in the back tip and I addressed Jay about it in front of his A-List company [...] and I guess he ain't like that too much. I think that was the opening of the 40/40 Club, after that I never saw Jay again. I never talked to him again. That couple months went by or whatever, I even tried to reach out to him. It got to the point where you had to get to four different people to talk to Jay." (Forbez DVD)

No comments:

Post a Comment