Friday, March 2, 2012

Nas' New LP Will Have Classics, Promises No I.D.

With Nas' upcoming album already in the books, producer No I.D. has revealed that fans can expect a few classic records courtesy of the  rap veteran's latest LP.


While mum on many details, music producer No I.D. did reveal that he  took part in the rap veteran's tenth solo effort.
"Yeah, the next main thing is this Nas album, I've really been knee-deep in it and working with Big Sean again and doing some records for Melanie Fiona," No I.D. told VIBE. He continued: "I mean we have some classic material and we will definitely put out when he feels it's time but it's definitely a Dre... I don't know, maybe hip-hop moment for me personally because he's one of the best and I've always felt like I understood where he was going with music. We actually became really cool friends in this process and get to talk a lot about music." (VIBE)
Last week, Nas broke the news of his album's long-awaited completion. Although not yet confirmed, the working title of the new LP is currently: "Life is Good."
"Ayo Jung! Ya Bday comin!! We goin in. 5 days NONSTOP!!! Plus we celebrating my LP being WRAPPED!!!!!!," he tweeted February 23rd. (Nas' Twitter)
In December, "God's Son" promised to deliver his next solo effort by 2012.
"I'm coming out with an album next year. I'm getting my music ready and working on it constantly. There's no theme to it. Each song is about something totally different than the last. It's about regular life," Nas said in an interview. "Writing is good for you. If you don't use it, you lose it. It's good to work yourself and try yourself and see what you come up with. [My dad being a musician inspired me.] Yeah, definitely. But I was usually inspired by Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5 and Run DMC. Those guys really spoke to me. Miles Davis too. I really like jazz. It's smooth. (Miami Herald)
Over the fall, he dropped a music video for the album's "Nasty" hit single.
Nas gives us a tour of his Queens neighboorhood in the video for "Nasty." "Nasty, directed by Jason Goldwatch who recently directed Pusha T's "Trouble On My Mind," captures Nasir Jones riding around Queensbridge in a Rolls Royce Phantom. Antonique Smith, who plays Faith Evans in "Notorious" (2009), appears in the Phantom alongside Nas when he rhymes, "Maserati, pumpin' Biggie, the great legend/ Blastin'/ I'm after the actress who played Faith Evans." (Billboard)

No comments:

Post a Comment