Friday, March 2, 2012

T.I. Adds Iggamonster To Grand Hustle Records, Unveils Latest Signees

Less than 24 hours after announcing Texas rapper Trae The Truth's addition to his team, rap star T.I. has officially inducted hip-hop newcomer Iggy Azaela and Chip to Grand Hustle Records.

While the specifics are still unknown, Tip ensured fans his Grand Hustle team has added new talent to its roster.
"Tip reached out just to meet me, to say hello, and I found a position for him, conveniently, where he could be used," Azalea explained. "And he was down with it; that's the truth." Affectionately referring to Azalea as "The Iggamonster," T.I. also added his recollection of their first conversation. "I think her exact words were: 'It's very smart of you to call me because I'm going to be smashing sh-- for quite some time now and no one will be able to breathe if they're not on my team. So it's good that you'll be here, so you'll have oxygen." In addition to working with Azalea and Trae, T.I. also added British rapper Chip (formerly known as Chipmunk) to Grand Hustle Records. It's set to be a big year for the Grand Hustle family. (RapFix)
Prior to the announcement, Tip revealed fellow Southern rapper Trae The Truth was now on his label.
"I'd Like To Welcome The Newest Member of The Grand Hustle Family "Trae Tha Truth" Yall Follow Him @Traeabn," he tweeted February 29th. (T.I.'s Twitter)
Along with Grand Hustle, Iggy is currently signed to Interscope Records.
"I think they [labels] have things that they specialize in. Def Jam, I love. I was super close to signing with them. I think they're just the best team. I think they're really passionate about what they do and you can just tell that they're so hungry over there. But then you look at who they've got signed to their label and it kind of makes you be like, 'I don't know. Am I going to be the guinea pig here for this?' I don't know. ... I think once Jimmy [Iovine] saw that I was starting to pull away and be like, 'No, I'll just do my own thing,' he was like, 'What do you want lady?' And I was like, 'Alright, let's cut the bullsh*t.' ... He's crazy. He's like, 'You're the next Tupac!' I'm like you're absolutely insane. But I love it!" (Billboard)
While T.I.'s Grand Hustle is home to rappers like B.o.B. and Young Dro, he recently losing out on an opportunity to ink Maybach Music Group's Meek Mill.
Unfortunately Mill's Grand Hustle signing fell through due to T.I.'s run-ins with the law. "After my two hiatuses I was put in a position where I couldn't really make moves on Meek as quick as he may have wanted to," T.I. told Billboard.com's The Juice. "I never been one want to hold anyone back or to slow down the success of anybody. I'm the first to try to enhance what you have and if I can't make it better than I shouldn't be a part of it." (The Juice)

No comments:

Post a Comment