Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bizarre Makes An Odd Comparison, "They Remind Me A Lot Of A Young D12"

Former D12 member Bizarre recently killed speculation suggesting he may have left Eminem's camp to join Odd Future and compared the West Coast newcomers to a younger version of the Dirty Dozen.


"Nah, I'm not in Odd Future. I got my own crew called The Weirdo Movement," Biz revealed in an interview. "Aw, man, they dope. They remind me a lot of a young D12. They got a lot of energy. And to do the type of sh*t we do, it takes a lot of balls. [Laughs] It takes a lot of balls and craziness to do the type of sh*t we do, so I salute." (Hip Hop DX)
Even Eminem recently gave a co-sign for the Tyler, the Creator-led group of rappers.
"I think that from the stuff that I've heard -- I haven't heard a lot from them, I still have to go check out everything that they're doing -- but I've heard enough to know that it feels like they're pushing boundaries and buttons, and that's definitely one of the things that I'm familiar with, especially when I first came out -- I love it, I love the fact that they're doing that. And the dudes can rhyme." (MTV)
Last summer, Wu-Tang Clan's Method Man waved off Odd Future comparisons to his crew.
"That's what media does," Meth said in an interview. "They compare sh*t. Like when [retired boxing legend Mike] Tyson first came out, I remember them saying, 'He reminds me of a young Joe Frazier.' They always gotta compare something to something to give you a scale sort of speak -- If I was Odd Future, I wouldn't want to be compared to anybody. I love that group by the way, I love Odd Future. I like Tyler the Creator, that song 'Yonkers,' -- they're good, they're different. It's a breath of fresh air. Tyler the Creator. Very weird. But I'm into weird sh*t." (Soul Culture)
Slaughterhouse's Crooked I previously hit up SOHH to share his assessment on Odd Future and other West Coast newcomers.
"Odd Future has a crazy cult following, big shows, high-energy sh*t when they're on stage," Crooked I told SOHH. "It's a good thing. I look at people like that, groups like that, groups like Pav Div, Dom Kennedy, Blu, Kendrick Lamar, Horseshoe Gang. I look at all the emerging acts on the West Coast right now and I see how it's going to form and I see who the new kings of the West Coast are going to be and who the new guys are that are going to represent and take it to another level. It's a good thing because for a minute there, we was trapped in some f*cking Chevy and Chuck Taylors. That's not no disrespect, but that ain't the West Coast right now. We was trapped in that time warp and couldn't get out of that sh*t. The public wouldn't even let us out but now I'm seeing these new acts coming out and things are working out like they're supposed to. It's a great representation of 2011 West Coast sh*t out there right now." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment