Thursday, March 1, 2012

T.I. Rolls Out The Red Carpet, "I'd Like To Welcome The Newest Member Of The Grand Hustle Family"

Grand Hustle leader T.I. continues to let his roster of artists expand, officially announcing the new signing of Texas rap veteran Trae Tha Truth.

Rather than release a statement or make a video announcement, Tip hopped on Twitter to break the news.
"I'd Like To Welcome The Newest Member of The Grand Hustle Family "Trae Tha Truth" Yall Follow Him @Traeabn," he tweeted February 29th. (T.I.'s Twitter)
Trae followed suit to make sure his fans knew the move is official.
"And the News Is........," he tweeted after daylong hints at a big announcement.
"..... GrandHustle/ABN It's Official..." (Trae The Truth's Twitter)
In December, Tip said he lost out on an opportunity to ink Meek Mill to Grand Hustle.
Unfortunately Mill's Grand Hustle signing fell through due to T.I.'s run-ins with the law. "After my two hiatuses I was put in a position where I couldn't really make moves on Meek as quick as he may have wanted to," T.I. told Billboard.com's The Juice. "I never been one want to hold anyone back or to slow down the success of anybody. I'm the first to try to enhance what you have and if I can't make it better than I shouldn't be a part of it." (The Juice)
Fans familiar with Trae know his hip-hop career dates back two decades.
The career of prolific south Houston-based MC Trae began with a guest appearance on Z-Ro's Look What You Did to Me and took root in Guerilla Maab, a group that released several albums during the late '90s and early 2000s. Through a series of solo albums -- such as 2003's Losing Composure, 2004's Same Thing Different Day, and 2006's Drama -- he further established his status as a lyricist who focuses more on the streets than wealth. In addition to being a member of Screwed Up Click, he has also released a pile of mixtapes that have surfaced outside his region. Restless, another 2006 release, was picked up by J. Prince's Rap-A-Lot label -- and therefore the Warner-affiliated Asylum -- for nationwide distribution. (All Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment