Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Method Man Reveals His Toughest Acting Woe, "The Most Challenging Thing Is..."

Wu-Tang Clan's Method Man recently talked about his run in acting and what ultimately gives him the biggest challenge when the movie cameras are rolling.

For Mef, he said the toughest thing about acting is fully portraying what is in the movie script.
"Jesus, I don't know. I mean there are different things at different times, depending on the role that you take.," Method Man said in an interview. "The most challenging thing is translating what's on paper into film. If you don't have a full understanding of a character, you're going to fail every time. I try my best to get a full understanding and put myself in a character's shoes, so to speak. Doesn't always work, but I do my best." (Global Grind)
Recently, rapper-turned-actor Treach hit up SOHH with his take on hip-hop artists trying their hands at acting.
"I think overall, everybody's dream is to be a movie star or be in entertainment in some form or fashion," Treach told SOHH. "Whether it be sports, film or music, things like that. I think a lot of people now -- sure they might see the dollar sign aspect in it and fame factor -- take it seriously because of the line of work that I've seen, especially looking at hip-hop artists and the acting they have done. You see the growth, the change and knowledge of filmmaking. There's a lot of them that want to be on the bandwagon just to say they're doing it and to get that check and notoriety but not everybody can do it." (SOHH)
Able to also balance music and acting, rapper Busta Rhymes previously spoke to SOHH about hip-hop star Nicki Minaj's interest in getting tagged for movies.
"I don't think there's anything missing from what she's doing," Busta recently told SOHH when asked what advice he could offer Minaj in reference to launching a film career. "She's a new artist. She's doing more than what new artists do as far as being everywhere and having the success and acknowledgment that she's had. I'm just saying the only thing left for her to do, from what I can see, and not only the thing left for her to do but the next thing that I would like to see her do is films." (SOHH)
Hollywood star John Cho discussed RZA's acting talent last November.
"I'm a fan, yeah. And, by the way, I have some advice for you: If you ever get the chance to, spend a night with RZA. It will change your outlook on life. He's a very interesting and deep thinker, and that's one of my best memories from set--just sitting with RZA and listening to him talk. We just talked about random stuff, like Christmas and his childhood. He's one of the most thoughtful guys I've ever met. A very complex, poetic individual." (Complex)

No comments:

Post a Comment