Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rick Ross Speaks French, Spills Beans On Montana's Bad Boy Debut

Maybach Music Group leader Rick Ross may not have signed French Montana to his label, but the Miami rap star made a "Boss" move this weekend by announcing his "Stay Schemin'" collaborator's upcoming Bad Boy Records debut album title.

Prior to receiving a re-tweet courtesy of French himself, Rozay publicly revealed the rapper's LP.
"Listening to Beats wit @FrencHMonTanA $elfmade2 Coming $oon.," he tweeted Sunday (February 26).
"@FrencHMonTanA Debut Album #ExcuseMyFrench InStores July17." (Rick Ross' Twitter)
Moments after Ross' tweet, Montana hopped on Twitter and confirmed the announcement.
""@rickyrozay: @FrencHMonTanA Debut Album #ExcuseMyFrench InStores July17." Really Doe!!!"," he wrote. (French Montana's Twitter)
In December, French talked about his status on Bad Boy CEO Diddy's roster and his method of putting out new records.
French recently chatted with XXLMag.com about the effective method which he credits with gaining him more popularity these days. "I think it's because the way I do my thing now," French says. "I changed my format. I don't pick songs no more. I put out a mixtape [and] the most requested song, I go with that one." French can use the extra input being that he's been extra busy lately. Besides signing to Bad Boy, he just dropped his Lockout mixtape which is a joint effort with Waka Flocka Flame. And, oh yeah, he finally debuted the video for his break out single "Shot Caller" featuring his friend Charlie Rock on the hook. (XXL Mag)
A week prior, the Bronx, New York rapper announced his new alignment with Bad Boy.
"I really feel real good that's why I kept it here in New York," French explained. "Why would I take my talent to South Beach? When I met with Puff and sat down and really spoke, he told me a couple of things and [he] never lied to me about nothing and always kept his word. It is what it is. It's New York. I want to bring it back to New York." ("106 & Park")

No comments:

Post a Comment