Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kreayshawn Finally Reveals Debut Album Title, "People Hate Me Or Love Me"

West Coast rap newcomer Kreayshawn is finally ready to hop out of the recording studio and get music into stores, announcing her long-awaited debut album's title this week.

Although a release date still lingers, the Bay Area rapper let loose on her album title Wednesday (February 29).
"IM GONNA ANNOUNCE MY ALBUM TITLE. BUT I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING SPECIAL MUST HAPPEN 1ST.," she tweeted.
"#KREAYSHAWN #KREAYSHAWN #KREAYSHAWN #KREAYSHAWN TREND SOMETHING MAKE IT HAPPEN I DONT CARE! MY ALBUM IS DONE AND NAMED _____________?"
"THE ALBUM NAMED WILL BE "Somethin' bout Kreay"
"PEOPLE HATE ME OR LOVE ME BUT, THERES JUST #SOMETHINBOUTKREAY" (Kreayshawn's Twitter)
Earlier this month, Kreay spoke on the perceived pressure of having her album decked out with hits.
The album is almost finished, she says, and features a number of styles of music -- from Baltimore club music to New Orleans juke. "I don't really like ever doing the same thing twice," Kreayshawn says. "Unless it was really good. Like if you eat somewhere really good, maybe you'll go eat there twice." The inevitable question is whether she can turn her "Gucci Gucci" fame into something long-lasting. Or whether she'll end up another person of the viral video era whose 15 minutes of fame came and left. "If the album doesn't have a hit," Kreayshawn says. "I don't care. I'm mobbin.' I'm mobbin' real hard. If something goes wrong, I'll just take all my money and sell hella drugs. Then make a song about that. Then I'll have another hit." She pauses for a second. "I'm just playing. Kinda." (Fres Nobee)
In December, the Bay Area rapper said touring slowed down her album-making process.
"I'm excited because I haven't even put my album out. I'm hoping when I put it out it will be an even crazier year," she said in an interview. "I toured for three or four months, and then I did hella press. It's only this month that I've been able to get into the studio. ... I have more songs. When I make them, I want to put them out, but I have to put them on the album. It's finally getting to a number of songs where it's going to be enough to make an album. I want to get them out because I want to shut everyone up. ... I know who I am. I don't let that stuff bother me. I know it's going to be cool." (SF Gate)
A week prior, Kreay revealed rap partner V-Nasty would appear on her upcoming LP.
Kreayshawn said that the still-unnamed album will cover more stylistic ground than her stripped-down, wobbling mega-hit "Gucci Gucci." "A lot of it is like different genres and forces, from Brazilian-type music to Indian freestyle to techno-type music," she said. "There's everything." For the last month or so, Kreayshawn has been splitting her time between studios in L.A. and Oakland. Fellow White Girl Mob member Vanessa "V-Nasty" Reece will appear on a couple of tracks, though she was coy about any other collaborations she has planned. "I don't want to spoil anything," she said. (Rolling Stone)

No comments:

Post a Comment