Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Drake Clears Air On Future, Pusha T & Ludacris Feuds, "Maybe This Guy Is Bored"

Young Money star Drake finally breaks his silence on perceived rap disputes with Future, Pusha T and Ludacris in the new issue of VIBE magazine.

Based on an excerpt, Drizzy explains his current stance and admits he is not focused on beefing.
"I've got no issues with him," he says of Future, who was upset that Drake didn't appear in his video, "Tony Montana." "I'm happy I got on the song." Pusha T, who once cryptically rhymed that, "the swag doesn't match the sweaters," gets off easy, too. "I've been really open about my love for the Clipse," he says. "I don't know, maybe that guy is bored." Ludacris, who was accused of stealing Big Sean and Drake's hashtag flow, also receives a halfhearted smack down, "That's a case of someone trying to use my marketing money to get things going again for themselves. That didn't affect my day, my month, my year. I didn't take any of that seriously." (You Heard That New)
Tensions between Future and Drake became public after Drizzy did not appear in their "Tony Montana" music video.
"Yeah, but I salute him for even getting on the record," Future said when asked about Drizzy's absence from the "Tony Montana" remix music video. "I wasn't real mad about it but when I first talked to him about it, I told him, 'If you do this, make sure you know what you're doing, this is my baby.' ... It wasn't a shocker because when he did it [the remix], I knew he wasn't going to do it -- just because that's what the music industry has come to. Nobody ain't trying to give nobody a hand and help them push them in the right direction no more than what you're going [in the right direction]. ... It's basically like a slap in my face because [the fans are] like, 'You should have did it with somebody from Atlanta who's gonna get in the video, who want to be a part of your video.' ... I really wanted to give Atlanta something different and it turned out being a slap in my face for it not completing the whole thought." (The Source)
Over the fall, Pusha T spoke on hip-hop heads thinking he dissed Drake in a freestyle.
"I call it, 'Don't F With Me' freestyle, and people, you know, a lot of people sort of took it like it was a Drake diss and so on and so forth," Pusha explained in an interview. "I see a lot of people put that on the blogs or whatever. But you know, I've never said that, man. I think people, you know, they hear these freestyles and they forget this rap thing is a real, like, competitive situation. And um, me personally, I don't, you know, I'm really good. I'm really good at this. So I don't, you're never going to hear me say, I was dissing Drake or anything like that. I actually like him." (WGCI)
After Luda got at Drake on his "Bada Boom" track, rappers like Ghostface Killah gave their take, admitting the feud was less severe than presented.
"It is what it is, it's rap music. I'm not trying to get into any little kid sh*t. You know what I mean," he said in an interview. "I'm a grown man, B. You know what I mean? Grown men do grown men things. We don't got no time. We gotta get this money, man. Unless these n*ggas are already sitting on it, you know what I mean, but enough of that. You know what I mean? We should be getting at the real enemy, you know what I mean? That had us oppressed for all those years. Not at each other right now." (Montreality)

No comments:

Post a Comment