Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Machine Gun Kelly Affiliate Gets Def Jam's Vote, "I Put My Sweat Into It"

With the buzz building off newly signed Def Jam rapper Ray Jr.'s Elected mixtape, SOHH reached out to the Cleveland-bred emcee to get the scoop on his latest underground effort.

With multiple mixtapes already under his belt, Ray acknowledged his current popularity and said he wanted to capitalize off having the public's attention.
"What I wanted to do with Elected mixtape was be myself," Ray told SOHH via statemet. "I felt this was the first time people across the country would be hip to me. So I just opened up and put my sweat into it. This is the best representation of who I am, became and what I stand for." (SOHH)
His Elected mixtape officially dropped exactly one week ago.
Island Def Jam Music Group is expanding their roster, and the newest addition is Ray Jr. A Cleveland native, Ray Jr., who was formerly known as Young Ray, the rhymer has ten mixtapes under his belt, and will be releasing his latest project, Elected, on Friday, February 17. Ray has also gained notoriety from his song "I'm from E.C.." (XXL Mag)
He has also taken to Twitter to promote the new project.
"RT"@DefJamRecords: Video: Ray Jr. - "Come Back" http://bit.ly/zPOaJt (@rayjr216) New Mixtape "Elected" Available Now!"," he tweeted Friday (February 24).
"I still can't believe I Rap. This wasn't the Plans........." (Ray Jr.'s Twitter)
Known for rapping alongside Machine Gun Kelly on their "I Know" collaboration, Ray Jr. is also reportedly putting together his studio album.
It's a good time to be a Cleveland rapper. First, Diddy says to Machine Gun Kelly, "Yo, make a record on my label." And now Ray Jr. has been signed to Def Jam Records. The Unofficial Mayor of Cleveland, as he's known to fans, will release his debut album on the legendary hip-hop label sometime this year. Details of the LP are coming in the next few weeks, as is a remix of the song "Sloppy" with Big Sean and 2 Chainz. (Cleve Scene)

No comments:

Post a Comment