Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DMX Expects One & Done W/ Current Record Label, "Stick To The F*ckin' Script"

Former Ruff Ryders leader DMX is currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming Undisputed album, however, the platinum-selling rapper admits the LP is suffering from lackluster label support.

In X's perspective, the LP will be his only solo effort released through United Music & Media Group.
Although DMX's first full-length in six years is slated to come out on March 27 via United Music & Media Group, the rapper says that fans shouldn't expect to see a new album hitting shelves on that date. "I don't see it being March 27," he says. "The fact that [the label] chose to tell me that makes me reconsider whether or not I made the right decision to f*ck with them. It's only one album, though. It'll be what it is. But I think [it will come out] second quarter, definitely." (Billboard)
The Yonkers, New York-bred emcee also cited the label for not holding up its end of their deal.
Overall, DMX says that his first experience at UMMG has been "extremely frustrating," and that he sees "Undisputed" being a one-off with the label. "It's like, what the f*ck, man?" says DMX. "Do what you say you're gonna do -- do me like you would do any other artist. Like, d*mn, stick to the f*ckin' script, you know? Mean what you say. You don't gotta lie to me." (Billboard)
A few days ago, X talked about turning his nose up at inking a deal with rap star Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group and what an ideal record label encompasses.
"What's MMG," X asked before being told it stands for Maybach Music Group. "Nah, see what happened, I got a letter when I was in prison like, 'Yo, yo, you know, we'll send a limo for you and da-da-da da-da,' I appreciated the offer and all of that but I really couldn't see it happening like that. You know what I'm saying? ... [Signing with MMG?] I said I wouldn't sign with 'that' label. I don't have a problem with the name or the label, how many letters are on there, just get me what I need, man. Proper promotion, that's it. That's it, and creative control, that's all I need." ("The Breakfast Club")
Not only a record label, UMMG reportedly focuses on other formats of entertainment.
United Music Media Group ("UMMG") is a music, film and television company started by industry veterans David Michery, CEO and Chuck Gullo, President both with extensive track records within the entertainment industry. UMMG has capitalized on the growing entertainment market across the world through the production and promotion of high quality entertainment. With locations in California, Miami, and New York, the company will become highly profitable through the sale of pre-recorded music products (compact discs/cassettes), in addition to revenues generated from ancillary profit centers. (United MMG)

No comments:

Post a Comment