Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nas Says It Was Written & Recorded, God's Son Announces LP Completion

Fans awaiting rap veteran Nas' upcoming solo album have reason to get excited with God's Son announcing his long-awaited follow-up to 2008's Untitled is finally completed.

Nasty Nas took to Twitter to provide his 553,000-plus followers with an LP update.
"Ayo Jung! Ya Bday comin!! We goin in. 5 days NONSTOP!!! Plus we celebrating my LP being WRAPPED!!!!!!," he tweeted February 23rd. (Nas' Twitter)
In December, Nas promised to deliver his next solo effort this year.
"I'm coming out with an album next year. I'm getting my music ready and working on it constantly. There's no theme to it. Each song is about something totally different than the last. It's about regular life," Nas said in an interview. "Writing is good for you. If you don't use it, you lose it. It's good to work yourself and try yourself and see what you come up with. [My dad being a musician inspired me.] Yeah, definitely. But I was usually inspired by Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5 and Run DMC. Those guys really spoke to me. Miles Davis too. I really like jazz. It's smooth. (Miami Herald)
Over the fall, he dropped a music video for the album's "Nasty" hit single.
Nas gives us a tour of his Queens neighboorhood in the video for "Nasty." "Nasty, directed by Jason Goldwatch who recently directed Pusha T's "Trouble On My Mind," captures Nasir Jones riding around Queensbridge in a Rolls Royce Phantom. Antonique Smith, who plays Faith Evans in "Notorious" (2009), appears in the Phantom alongside Nas when he rhymes, "Maserati, pumpin' Biggie, the great legend/ Blastin'/ I'm after the actress who played Faith Evans." (Billboard)
Earlier in the year, Nasty stressed the importance of his record not getting rushed.
"I'm knee-deep into the album now. I definitely have some spaces for some guests," he continued. "It just has to be right for the track, or whatever. It just got to sound right. So whatever happens, it'll be for the best. I have some pretty good ideas as to who I want to put on certain songs. So we just have to see if some of these dudes will be with it, if they have time to do it, or whatever. We'll see what happens." (Huffington Post)
No further details have been revealed as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment