Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Uncle Murda Lands Post-Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella Deal, Funkmaster Flex & DJ Kay Slay Co-Sign Label Move

Former Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam rapper Uncle Murda has reportedly signed on the dotted line making Epic Records the home for his upcoming and long-awaited debut album.

While Murda has only re-tweeted and thanked fans for their congratulatory reactions, DJ Kay Slay has been credited for breaking the news of his new label move.
"Congrats to @UncleMurda we celebrating his new deal signing at Sony/Epic!!! Sue Rendezvous tonite!," Slay tweeted Tuesday (February 28). (Uncle Murda's Twitter)
Fellow Hot 97 music veteran Funkmaster Flex also gave Murda props.
"#IFWT Congrats To @UncleMurda Signing To Epic Records! - tinyurl.com/7scrgv9," Flex tweeted Tuesday. (Funkmaster Flex's Twitter)
Last year, Murda said he once had an opportunity to ink a deal with rap star 50 Cent's G-Unit Records.
"So who comes strolling in the conference room? 50," Murda added. "'Murda what's up?' I'm like, 'What's up?' The way I said it, he could tell a n*gga was [surprised.] He's like, 'I'm not the enemy, man. You know what I'm saying. What, you looking for a record deal?' I'm like, this n*gga trying to hug me up. I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm looking for a record deal not from you though.' He said, 'What? Word? What's up? Why? N*ggas ain't feeling G-Unit?' -- He said, 'Murda, I heard that sh*t you said about me -- it ain't personal though. I did the same thing you did.' But you know what it was? I was on the defensive side because he was trying to paint the picture for me -- with me and 50 sitting down, I was basically like, 'Listen man, I can't be no f*cking G-Unit.' ... He was just like breaking down how much records he sold, how much money, I mean, he was going in." (VIBE)
After linking with Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam around 2007, Murda later said he was no longer on either label.
"There's just so much bullsh*t with the labels. I'm no longer with Def Jam. I'm a free agent and I'm still hot," Murda said in an interview. "Things ain't work out over there. Once Jay-Z left [Def Jam as president in 2008], you know, they ain't really know what to do with Uncle Murda." (Vlad TV)

No comments:

Post a Comment