Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Andre 3000 Speaks On His New Album, Clothing Line & More


GQ sat down with the formerly reclusive rapper to speak on a few things, from his new role as a pitchman for Gillette to that infamous “Spottieottiedopaliscious” line….Question after the jump.

Drake quotes your song, “Spottieottiedopaliscious,” and says, “Who else wants to fuck with Hollywood Cole.” I’ve had heated debates with Atlanta natives who say it’s “Hollywood Court” [a notoriously tough Atlanta project building.] Settle the debate once and for all!
Holly Court. And it’s funny because J. Cole sampled it [playing off of the word "Cole"]. When they asked for clearance, I told him and his team that I wasn’t saying “Cole,” that I was saying “Court,” but they wanted to use it anyway. [laughs] So I was like, “Okay.”

Oh, and then there was also this…


So does that mean we can expect to hear the album we’ve all be waiting on?
It depends on which album you’re talking about.

A new ‘Kast album!
There’s been a lot of talk on the Internet about an OutKast album and I have to say that as of now, there are no plans for another OutKast album. There’s a lot of music on the horizon. I’ve been living off the excitement of new artists. I’ve been privileged to have these new artists kind of reach out and grab back and say, “Hey, Andre, we want you on this song.” So I’ve been taking those calls and for the last two years, I’ve been doing collaborations. So these new artists have kind of been keeping me alive. I’ve just really been feeding off of that and this year I think I’m planning to do a solo project. I don’t know when it will come out, but hopefully it’ll come out this year. As far as OutKast, I really don’t know if or when that will happen.

The only thing I can really say is I’m going to get back to having fun because that’s what it was all about when I started this in high school—with OutKast—those were like high school dreams. I’m 36 now, so I have grown-man dreams. This album will just be me being myself as normal.

Can this dude just drop an album and shit on everybody’s “Hottest” list, already.



No comments:

Post a Comment