Monday, January 30, 2012

Cash Money's Slim & Baby Named In Sexual Assault Case, Victim Fought Suicidal Thoughts

Cash Money Records founders Ronald "Slim" Williams and Bryan "Baby" Williams are making headlines this weekend for getting named in a sexual assault case.

Details of the current legal matter hit the Internet a few days ago.
Nicole Westmoreland claims she was supposed to be given an opportunity to make a business presentation, but instead she says she was "exposed to illegal drugs and explicit sexual activity" before the act took place. She identified Alfred Cleveland as the man who committed the assault. Cleveland is serving time in prison for the attack. At one time, Cleveland was allegedly and associate of Cash Money Records moguls Ronald and Brian "Baby" Williams. Westmoreland is suing to hold the record company liable in the assault. The Williams brothers had no involvement in the physical assault. (My Fox Atlanta)
The female victim alleged Birdman is largely responsible for contributing to the assault.
Westmoreland claims Brian Williams invited her to the studio to make a presentation for his employees. She says Williams left her in a lounge area. She said Cleveland assaulted her when she went to a restroom. Westmoreland claims she was offered $100,000 not to go to police, which she refused. She said the company threatened her life if she refused to drop the case. "That if I didn't drop it that they were going to kill me," said Westmoreland in court on Tuesday. Record company lawyer Jim Cox refuted that claim. The defense denies that Cleveland was an employee of that company; they claim he was a friend. "I believe that Brian Williams and Ronald Williams had to know that the rapist was dangerous," Westmoreland testified. Westmoreland said the incident has forced her to seek treatment at a mental hospital after feeling suicidal. She is seeking unspecified damages. (My Fox Atlanta)
Outside of legal matters, Birdman is currently working on his upcoming Bigger Than Life solo album.
"I could say it's one of my best projects," Birdman said in an interview. "We always say that but I mean you're supposed to always get better with time. We got so much growth, experience, and we're surrounded by great, young talent. They make it so easy for me to do music and I'm still enjoying it. I don't love nothing more in life--outside of God and my family--than working with this music and [turning] these youngsters into superstars." (Complex)
In December, the rap executive spoke on inking hip-hop veteran Mystikal to Cash Money.
"Just to be able to work with Mystical, I'll tell him I appreciate the opportunity," Birdman says of the union. "All he's been through and him being from the town and what we been through together, it means a lot to me, what we're doing, building the brand and the team. I'm super excited, the team is super excited. 2012 we're gonna let it go, we have a lot of great music on him. I want him to be bigger than he's ever been. I have a lot of great music on him, we know it's a lot of work. He knows it's a lot f work. We're gonna go hard." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment