Monday, January 30, 2012

Jay-Z & Beyonce's Oprah Winfrey Godmother Rumors Dismissed

The rumor mill centered on Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles-Carter continues to spin chaos with recent reports claiming the married couple named media mogul Oprah Winfrey as their newborn daughter's godmother getting dismissed.

Winfrey's close friend Gayle King denied the Jay and Beyonce gossip.
"CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King, Oprah Winfrey's friend, denied internet buzz that Winfrey is the godmother of Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter, Blue Ivy. "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away." King added, "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born." Blue Ivy was born on Saturday, January 7, 2012. (CBS News)
Godmother rumors began circulating online last week.
"According to an EXTREMELY reliable insider, Jigga and Bey have chosen OPRAH WINFREY to be the godmother, and Jay's best friend Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith, the godfather. So why Oprah ... Well word is that Oprah has become a CLOSE PERSONAL friend to both Jay and Bey. And the pair wanted to give the 'godparents' role to people NOT ALREADY related to them by family." (Media Take Out)
Despite the denial, Jay is known for having a close relationship with Oprah and appearing on the "Oprah Winfrey Show" back in 2009.
"For the music, when you go to a club, there's no white or black club because the music brings everyone together," Hovi told Oprah Winfrey. They're enjoying the same type of music although we're not directly speaking to racism, the music itself is the driving force behind it...It's difficult to teach racism because racism is taught from the home. It's difficult to teach that when someone idolizes Jay-Z or Kanye West, it's difficult to say that person is less than you or different than you when you can relate to their music or their struggle or if you're a fan of their music...My mom had set up a meeting with [my late father] and I didn't want to do it. I had so many disappointments, 'You were supposed to come see me when I was younger.' ... I got a chance to really tell him everything that's on my mind, how I felt, how him leaving made my feel and we dealt with it and from there I was able to free myself, it allowed me to express myself and bring people in again..." ("The Oprah Winfrey Show")
A couple weeks ago, Jay denied rumors claiming he inked a poem to his daughter pronouncing a ban of the term "bitch."
In a Daily News exclusive, Jay-Z scoffed at a recent report he wrote a poem to his newborn daughter vowing to drop the word "b----" from his vocabulary. "That poem and story are fake," Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, revealed. (New York Daily News)

No comments:

Post a Comment