Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dr. Dre's Protege Spills Beans W/ 'Detox' Update, "He Gettin' It In W/ Lil Wayne"

While fans continue to wait for Dr. Dre to announce a Detox release date, his protege Slim the Mobster has revealed Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne may appear on the record.

Slim broke the news over his Twitter page late Monday (January 30) night.
"Just got off the phone with @drdre told me he gettin it in with lil wayne tonight..... #detox," he tweeted Monday. (Slim the Mobster's Twitter)
Despite announcing plans to take a music hiatus last fall, Dre recently promised Detox would remain a top priority.
"Well, right now I'm just taking a small break to come out and do some promotion with Beats but actually I'm getting back on it when I get home. It has to feel good," Dre said in an interview when asked about taking a break from music. (Time Out)
In November, West Coast rapper Game said fans could expect him to appear on the long-awaited LP.
"If there is a Detox, then Game is on it more than once. But if it never comes out, then nobody's on it," Game said in an interview. "Detox man, I don't know about Detox man. I've been thinking about detoxing lately, because I've been back on my workout grind and I've been thinking about detoxing. That's the only thing I can tell you about Detox." (KISS 107.5)
Over the summer, New York rap veteran Nas said he helped contribute to Dre's long-awaited solo LP.
"Dre is the king of the gangster music," Nas told "106 & Park" host Rocsi. "You know what I mean? He's like -- I worked with him back in the days for The Firm album and I just did something for his new album, Detox, so I'll wait for it. [Do I have the inside info?] No, don't put that on me. [laughs] I don't have the inside...We got a nice record, we got a nice record. That's it." ("106 & Park")

No comments:

Post a Comment