Monday, January 30, 2012

"If Beyonce's Going To Be Nursing, That's Gonna Be An Issue"

With Beyonce having finally given birth to Blue Ivy Carter earlier this month, SOHH decided to hit up R&B singer Syleena Johnson and actress Golden Brooks to find out how they recently balanced motherhood and career in a competitive entertainment industry.

While Johnson feels Beyonce can lose the weight with ease, she did warn of dangers the singer could encounter if she decides to nurse Blue Ivy.
"I'm sure she's going to have all types of trainers to help her get right back to where she needs to be," Johnson told SOHH when asked how Beyonce could shed the baby fat. "When you have a whole bunch of money, you can pay for a whole bunch of things and get back to where you need to be. Now the thing is if Beyonce's going to be nursing, that's gonna be an issue. I nursed my baby so when you nurse, you're burning calories but not at a very fast speed. The problem is you can't take anything to accelerate that weight loss; any medicines, any fat burners, nothing. You can't take anything because the toxins will get into your blood stream. So you have to try and eat right but then you can't work out really hard, you can't go to the gym because of milk reduction. If she's going to nurse, it's probably going to take her longer to lose weight." (SOHH)
Brooks credited the birth of a daughter for forcing her to kick back and appreciate life.
"Before I got pregnant, I was just in career mode. That was pretty much my focus. Career. Career. Career. 'I've got this project. What am I going to do after this project?' Having a child totally changed me. My daughter has taught my patience. It's not about the next job. It's not about the next project. It's about being a better me. I know it sounds cliche. I was fortunate enough to take time off rather than leave her with a nanny and let a nanny raise her. I think the first years of her life are really important. It's that divine energy. It just opened my eyes to a lot of things. I look at a lot of things differently now." (SOHH)
A few days ago, former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland described Blue Ivy.
"She's just more precious than a diamond. She's just so stunning. I'm so happy for my sister and her husband," Rowland said in an interview. "She's beautiful. [laughs] [Will I see the baby every chance I get?] Absolutely. I have to be a good aunt. [laughs] She's an incredible mother. I'm so incredibly proud of her. So proud of her. You know what? She's in mommy-ville and I'm so happy for her and her husband's in daddy-ville and the baby is very beautiful. Beautiful." (E! News)
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed their first child earlier this month.
They released an official statement on Monday, writing, "We are happy to announce the arrival of our beautiful daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, born on Saturday, January 7, 2012." "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven," they add in the statement. "She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs. and it was the best experience of both of our lives." (The Hollywood Reporter)

No comments:

Post a Comment