Monday, January 30, 2012

Amber Rose On Dropping 'Fame' For Free-99, "People Want To Be Famous But Don't Really Know What That Entails"

Video vixen Amber Rose recently opened up on her new "Fame" record premiering online and why she decided to snub iTunes by putting her first single out without a price tag.

For Rose, the decision was motivated by an intent to make sure her message reaches all fans.
"It's so perfect and I didn't know that was actually gonna be my first single but I was just like I'll put "Fame" out for free. It's not gonna be on iTunes or anything like that," Rose explained in an interview. "It's just for the fans to understand a little bit more of my life and you know there's a lot of young kids or people in general that want to be famous but they don't really know what that entails. That's why I put out "Fame." ... I definitely rap and I sing and my music is fun. It's all dance music. I have an inspirational song that's really dope. I have some records that are just plain fun, like you just want to party, jump around and go crazy to." (VIBE)
The model-turned-singer's new record hit the Internet a few weeks ago.
Are you ready for the fame?! Amber Rose released her first musical debut "Fame," on PerezHilton.com and we have to let it be known, we like it! It's not easy to make the transition from being known as a rapper's beautiful arm piece to a singer, but we like what Amber's bringing to the table. Amber's song kicks off with a funny skit about her song being "terrible," but of course it isn't. Amber sings, "scrutinize, being blind, sliding by all the lights, the question wasn't made up, like these rumors wasn't made up." Wiz Khalifa comes through to support his wifey rapping, "And you made this year coming up/and they hated/fly first class, so they can get mad." (Global Grind)
Rose also released a statement speaking on the record's importance prior to its premiere.
"I'm so excited to release my first song... It's CRAZY! Working with Wiz is a dream come true; I am fortunate to have his support. This is a very personal song to me that I wanted to record for my fans. I want people to see the world from my eyes, you know, from BEHIND MY SHADES! It's my interpretation of what it means to be "FAMOUS," which is not something superficial but instead being self-confident and happy with who you are. You can feel famous everyday if you believe in yourself! (Perez Hilton)
Over the fall, she gave SOHH the scoop on her love for music-making.
"Oh yeah man, I'm in the studio every single night," Rose told SOHH. "Like, I do not sleep. [laughs] I'm really, really, grinding. I'm really in the studio. The music that I make is fun, it's dancemusic, it's club, just super fun music that gets you in a great mood and makes you happy. So I'm all about music and this is my time to really, really come out and hopefully make people happy when they listen to it." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment