Friday, January 27, 2012

Drake Fan Forehead Tattoo Tale Takes Twisted Turn, "Our Heads Are About To Explode"

Weeks after a woman became an overnight Internet sensation for tattooing Drake's name across her forehead, someone has actuallly inked the female fan's image on their arm.

A photo of the unnamed Los Angeles fan appearing on someone's arm emerged online this week.
It all started with the girl who got DRAKE tatted on her forehead. Then, Drake got word and responded with some... well, unkind words for the tattoo artist. The last we heard, he went as far as allegedly having his security confront the artist. Now, we ran into this via Facebook. A tattoo of the girl with the DRAKE tattoo, on someone's arm. Way meta. Our heads are about to explode... but hey, that'd be a better look than say... having DRAKE tattooed on your forehead. (Complex)
In related news, Drake and the infamous tattoo artist reportedly came to terms and squashed their recent beef.
If you recall about a month ago, a die hard Drake fan tatted the rapper's name on her forehead. "So he knew it was real." Once Drizzy found out the tattoo was real and words were exchanged between Drake and the tattoo artist Kevin Campbell. But yesterday, Drake stopped by the shop to squash the issue with the tattoo artist. Kevin took to twitter to confirm the beef was squashed. "Drake beef officially squashed...Everybody can now move on. Only positivity from here on out," he tweeted. "@drake Nice talking to you buddy, glad everything's cleared up. It's good that something positive came out of this whole fiasco. Stay up." (Karen Civil)
In December, Drake gave a heated reaction to Kevin Campbell tattooing 'DRAKE' across the woman's forehead.
"I have," Drake admitted when asked if he had seen the female fan's tattoo. "I want to meet her and understand what happened. That's cool. I feel you, one hundred percent. That to me is absolutely incredible. I don't even know if you can see it but this girl tattooed 'DRAKE' on her forehead. The guy who tatted it is a f*cking a**hole. I will tell you that. I don't f*ck with that guy. F*ck you to that tat artist by the way because you're an a**hole for real and you should lose your job and you should never do tattoos again and I don't f*ck with you and if I ever see you, I'm gonna f*ck you up. But real sh*t though, I really, really like [it]. I want to talk to this girl and understand it all, you know? It was love. It's surreal. I don't even want to look at it anymore because it's super surreal, you know? Yeah." (Mando Fresko)
Around mid-December, Campbell taunted Drake's image and the woman for going with his name.
"The funny thing is, I didn't know who Drake was, I figured it was her hood or some sh*t, not some goofnugget R&B dude. She was really psyched about it. She had the sh*tty font all picked out on her iPhone ready to go and was pretty adamant about putting it on her forehead. She didn't say a word about what it meant to her, some of the guys at the shop asked her, and she just kinda giggled at them. When I printed up the first image of the lettering, she wanted me to go bigger, so that it went pretty much from each side of her hairline to the other. I thought she shaved her eyebrows for the procedure, so when I put the stencil on the first time, it was right over her (missing) eyebrows, but she had me enlarge it a bit and push it up towards the hairline. But yeah, she acted as if she had planned it out for a while; though I'm not really sure how much extended coherent thought could actually go into getting such a stupid tattoo on your forehead." (Vice)

No comments:

Post a Comment