Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drake Apologizes To Kobe Bryant's Wife, "I Never Intended To Offend Vanessa"

Young Money star Drake has clarified online hype he created off a line from his "Stay Schemin'" record and said a reference to NBA star Kobe Bryant's divorce was not a shot toward his wife.

Drizzy said his lyrics about losing a lump sum of dollars to a woman on the basis of marriage was not a diss toward Vanessa Bryant.
"That line came from a conversation about being this young and making this much money and the fear of losing it all. I just used his potential situation to address my own life. I never intended to offend Vanessa or anyone else. That line had everything to do with me and what goes on in my head as a 25 year old man with this much income flowing in. Kobe is and always will be a friend and an icon to me." (Nah Right)
Speculation on Drizzy's lethal words developed following the song's release earlier this month.
I don't know if you want Drake as the rapper defending you in matters of the heart, but at least someone is looking at for Kobe Bryant in his divorce. Rick Ross came out with a mix tape the other day and everyone is talking about this line from Drizzy. If we are talking about authenticity from our rappers, the maximum Kobe will lose is around $75 million, but I am nitpicking. I much prefer rapper Drake than Gerald Levert Drake, so I can dig it. I have no ill will toward Vanessa, no one put a gun to Kobe's head and told him to marry her (maybe a statutory rape case, but that is another story for another time). You have to understand if you marry someone and you sitting on millions and they are sitting on Little Debbies, it will probably not end well for you in the divorce. (Black Sports Online)
On the record, Drizzy questions why Bryant is required to fork over millions of dollars his wife did not contribute to.
"Kobe bout to lose 150 M's. Kobe my n*gga. I hate it had to be him. B*tch, you wasn't wit me shootin in the gym," he raps. ("Stay Schemin'")
Back in 2009, Drake's boss Lil Wayne showed off his love for Bryant with a tribute record.
"Kobe 'doin' work', 2-4 on my shirt," Weezy raps. "He the greatest on the court, and I'm the greatest on the verse....2-4 so nice, my flow so mean/Catch me at the game sittin' next to Goldstein/Kobe Bryant Nikes, purple, gold strings/Kobe in the game, homie you know who the team/'Black Mamba,' attack, conquer/basketball Weez, rap monster/cross over good, or turn around jumper/Or I'll just drive the lane and dunk on dunkers/You know where it's going, it's going down yo/This is the late show, but don't drown though/I call him King Bryant, not let the crown show." ("Kobe Bryant")

No comments:

Post a Comment