Monday, January 30, 2012

"Whatever Juelz [Santana] & [Lil] Wayne Do We're Gonna Support That"

Cash Money Records CEO Birdman recently gave fans his opinion on the delayed Juelz Santana and Lil Wayne I Can't Feel My Face collaborative album, admititng he is uncertain if it will ever hit retail outlets.

Although Birdman cannot promise the project will reach fans' hands, he did vow to support Wayne's choice.
"I don't know. I know Juelz and Wayne talk a lot and do work a lot but that's on them," Birdman said in an interview. "Whatever Juelz and Wayne do we're gonna support that. But I know the next album my son puts out is going to be I am Not a Human Being 2." (Complex)
In late September, Young Money CEO Mack Maine said Wayne's next retail project would be I Can't Feel My Face.
"The next project he's working on is I Can't Feel My Face with [Juelz Santana]," Maine revealed in an interview. "Elz is talented man. He's a young legend. [Wayne's] back working in the studio. He has that and the Young Money album." There is no release date for that long talked about effort, however, Mack says that another Wayne spearheaded disc will probably drop before the end of this year. (XXL Mag)
Over the fall, Juelz gave fans a small update on the delayed LP.
"It's something that me and Wayne been working on -- a project that we [have] been promoting," Santana said in an interview. "So you know -- me and Wayne actually talked and decided that it was the perfect time to get together. We just piecing together the music that we already had--that people ain't hear-- along with--he sent me about 8 new records. We got a great relationship--whether the album was coming out or not--me and him would still be rocking hard." (VIBE)
Back in 2009, Santana said the two had previously recorded over 20 unreleased tracks together.
"Me and Wayne still have about 20 records that's recorded that's unreleased," Santana promised in an interview. "You dig what I'm saying? The record that we just did the video for was a new record that I just did but we have about 20 records recorded because we recorded about 40 records about two years ago, we were on the Chris Brown tour together. We recorded about 40 records and a couple of 'em got leaked so, make a long story short, hopefully. There's a lot of politics when it comes to that situation, so if we can make it happen, but you know, me and Wayne's relationship is still what it's supposed to be. So that's all I'm worried about, this is a business at the end of the day." ("106 & Park")

No comments:

Post a Comment