Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2 Chainz Leaves Ludacris, "It's Not DTP No More"

Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz is capitalzing off his recent mainstream success by leaving Ludacris' Disturbin' Tha Peace for a career run at Def Jam Records.

Despite the break-up, Chainz said he is still on good terms with Luda.
Although there's numerous rumors about his new label deal circulating on the net, 2 Chainz cleared up one thing with XXL about his current situation: He is no longer with Ludacris' Disturbing Tha Peace. "It's the Real University, Two Gun Gang, Street Executives. It's not DTP no more," he says. "I'm actually behind [Ludacris], he's still my homie. I just took another route as far as running my own company and bossing up. But on the other hand, I'm still working with him. He has an album coming out this year, as well." (XXL Mag)
No longer on DTP, Chainz plans to allow his career to blossom on Def Jam.
Tity Boi breaks the news that he signed to the house that Russ built. 2 Chainz has revealed that he has signed to Def Jam Recordings. During an interview with XXLMag.com, Tity Boi explained that he's no longer on Disturbing the Peace and says that he is now label mates with Ludacris, who has been signed to Def Jam throughout his career. As far as his plans on Def Jam go, 2 Chainz hopes to release two albums in 2012. (Hip Hop DX)
The rapper was recently spotted at a photo shoot with West Coast rapper Kreayshawn.
2 Chainz makes a killing in the video for "Murder," a cut off his mixtape T.R.U. REALigion. The rapper links up with his partner-in-crime Kreayshawn in the eerie visuals. The "Gucci Gucci" hitmaker is draped in all black as she sits in a room with the words "Murder," "Kill," and "Die" scrawled all over it, while 2 Chainz sharpens his weapons in an underground workshop. What could the deadly duo be plotting? (Rap-Up)
Earlier this month, he discussed changing his rap alias from "Tity Boi" to "2 Chainz."
"I've been doing a lot of media runs up in New York lately promoting my CD T.R.U. Realigion and every single interview I do they like, 'What's up with the name change?' So this is the universal answer," 2 Chainz said in an interview, "I just came up with it yesterday over a big bowl of kush for breakfast. ... And so people ask me where the 2 Chainz came from; I tell them I always talk about jewelry and I always been saying 2 Chainz in a lot of my songs. But lately, like the last year or so, I've been saying it, introducing my records like '2 Chainz!' and kinda making it family friendly. However you wanna say it. ... I started noticing a change early in the year when I was going to the mall and young ladies would be yelling '2 Chainz' or whatever. So my answer is, when I did 'Duffle Bag Boyz' in '07, that was like my first [exposure]. Now this right here would be my second chance. You know like 2 Chainz, second chance. So I thought that that would have a little more substance." (Shade 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment